This guide will guide you how to reset your TCL Smart TV. TCL, which stands for Telephone Communication Network, is a low-cost TV brand compared to Samsung, Sony, Hisense, and LG.
This low price is one of the main reasons why many people choose the TCL brand, along with the fact that, despite the low price, they do not sacrifice quality or features.
TCL has established a reputation for producing low-cost TVs with streaming capabilities.
Regardless, most TCL TVs use the Roku interface, which is simple to use but lacks graphics. However, what the Roku interface lacks in pictures, it makes up for with a large selection of apps, referred to as streaming channels, that cover most streaming services. TCL usually releases frequent updates and adds new features from time to time.
When it comes to doing a factory reset on your TCL Smart TV, it’s important to remember that a guarantee covers your TCL TV, and as such, it should last at least a year without giving you any difficulties, except minor concerns such;
- Your television is running slowly.
- Apps that freeze or refuse to open at all.
- You can’t get your TV to connect to a WiFi network.
- The television turns on but does not show an image.
- The video and audio are out of sync.
- You want to clean up your TV and remove all the data.
These are some of the reasons why you might consider executing a factory reset on your TCL Smart TV. Still, we recommend doing so only as a last option because a factory reset would erase all of the TV’s data and settings (WiFi and wired network setting information, Google account, login information, Google Play, and installed apps). Apart from needing to reset your TCL Smart TV, there are a few other solutions you might explore to remedy these difficulties.
Things to Do Before Resetting Your TCL Smart TV
These are the steps you should take before attempting to reset your TCL Smart TV.
Restart your TCL Smart TV
If an app freezes, this patch comes in helpful since it allows you to restart your TV by;
- The primary screen appears.
- Then pick Settings by scrolling up or down.
- Select System Then Power Then System Restart by tapping the right arrow button.
- Then restart your computer.
- To confirm, press the OK button.
- When your TV comes back on, it signifies the restart was successful, and the problem should be resolved.
TCL Smart TV needs to be updated
Upgrading your TV entails downloading the most recent software version. These upgrades aim to stay up with programming advancements while improving the overall user experience. Because system updates are responsible for addressing bugs and faults, a simple update may be all your TV requires to get back on track.
Try updating your TCL Smart TV before attempting to reset it.
- Make sure your TCL Smart TV is connected to the Internet by turning it on.
- Then navigate to Settings from your Home screen.
- Select System, then Update System.
- Select the Check Now option.
- A pop-up notice should appear if an update is available.
- Now press the Update button.
Note: Your TV will automatically switch off and on when the update is completed.
Wait for the TV to come back on. Please do not turn on your television using the remote control at this time.
Delete the App Cache
Cached data refers to files, scripts, photos, and other multimedia that are saved on your device after you first use an app or visit a website. Caches are useful anytime you launch an app because they faster deliver data from the cache. However, as the cache size grows, it may have an influence on the speed and performance of running applications, which is why you should clear them frequently. To delete the app caches on your TV, follow these steps:
- Lift up from the Home screen to access all applications.
- Go to Apps & Notifications in Settings.
- Select “View all applications” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the program for which you wish to erase the cache.
- Select “Storage & Cache” from the drop-down menu.
- “Clear Cache” should be selected.
Restarting Your TCL Smart TV
The practice of turning hardware off and on again is known as power cycling. To restart your TCL television, follow these steps:
- Remove the cable from the power supply.
- Allow 30 to 40 seconds for the process to complete.
- Then reconnect the cable and switch on your device.
- This technique will force a restart of your smartphone as well as a reload of your apps.
TCL Smart TV Reset Instructions
As previously said, a reset should be your very last resort. So, if you’ve followed all of the steps above and your TV is still not working properly, then;
- To access the primary menu, press the button on your remote.
- Navigate to Settings while still using the remote.
- Select System by using the right arrow button and scrolling.
- Select Advanced system options with the right arrow button still pressed.
- Then choose Factory reset.
- Finally, choose Factory reset everything.
- That is how you may reset your TCL TV in a simple and basic manner, after which you can proceed to set up your TV.
Your TCL smart TV will become brand new after being reset, and you will need to set it up anew. Follow the teachings below to set up your TCL smart TV after a factory reset.
TCL Smart TV Setup Instructions
The methods to set up your TCL smart TV after factory settings are outlined here.
- Connect the basic cords to the basic ports first.
- Then turn on the television.
- The Guided Setup will appear after your TV is turned on, but you will need your remote control to complete it.
- So, push the Power Button on your remote control.
- Choose the language you want to use.
- Choose your city or nation.
- The following page will ask you if you want to set up for Home Use or Store Use, and you may choose either option.
- Then, in order to use the TV’s smart capabilities, connect to the Internet. If you already have an Ethernet cable connected between the TV and router, pick Wired and Connect to wired network, which will immediately set up the connection. Go to the right and select Set up new wireless connection if you wish to go wireless.
- If you choose Wireless, select your network from the drop-down menu.
- Then, if the TV didn’t do it automatically, set the time zone. The TV downloads and instals its initial software update as soon as it is connected to the Internet, then restarts.
- After restarting, you must turn on the television. You’ll be given a link and an activation code; click the link and input the code.
- Then connect the device, and your setup is complete.
The issue should be resolved most of the time when you reset your TCL Smart TV, but if it does not, you will require to seek outside help to investigate and resolve the problem.