NORSTRAT Consulting Inc. was made to help clients who have a responsibility or business goal to put parts of Canada’s Northern Strategy into action.
Lee Carson is the owner and boss of NORSTRAT Consulting. Mr. Carson has been a respected member of Canada’s aerospace and defense community for a long time. He has always been interested in the polar regions.
NORSTRAT Consulting thinks that the Northern Strategy is the most important, difficult, and exciting programme chance for Canada in the 21st century. They want to help you do what you need to do.
Mission Of NORSTRAT :
In 1885, the people in this picture finished a bold and difficult federal infrastructure project that connected East and West Canada.
Now is the time to connect the South to the North of our country.
This time, the answer won’t be a railroad, but a whole set of infrastructure projects that are important for the growth and safety of the North.
NORSTRAT Consulting’s goal is to get their clients into the next picture.
NORSTRAT Services :
NORSTRAT Consulting provides custom-tailored expert guidance and assistance.
- Offer strategic counsel regarding your Northern Strategy campaign plan
- Provide topic matter expertise
- Answer the crucial question of how the Northern Strategy might be expanded.
- Provide help for Project Definition
- Memoranda to Cabinet Operational needs definition
- Acquisition strategy definition
- Provide help for capture and bid management
Mr. Carson has secured contracts with the Canadian government worth over $200 million.
Use that experience to your advantage.
- Provide instruction on the Strategic Business Development process
- Provide Project Management support
- Strategic Planning for Projects
- Risk Management
- Change Management
NORSTRAT Clients :
NORSTRAT Consulting Inc. works for government and business clients who have to build a part of Canada’s Northern Strategy or want to do so.
NORSTRAT Consulting Inc. is happy to help the following customers:
- Aeronautics, Aerospace, and Defense Industry Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Airbus Defense and Space Aker Solutions
- Babcock (via H+K)
- Calian (via H+K)
- (H+K) Canadian Light Source
- General Dynamics Canada
- Kraken Sonar Systems
- L-3 MariPro L-3 MAS (via H+K)
- L-3 Ocean System
- MacDonald Dettwiler
- (H+K) Northrop Grumman
- Northwestel, through H+K,
- Research into Petroleum in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Canada’s Raytheon
- Services to help
- Saab Technologies Canada (via H+K)
- SK Films (via H+K)
- Ultra Electronics Marine Systems
- Review of Space
- Canadian Coast Guard
- Space Agency of Canada (via Deloitte)
NORSTRAT Experience :
Expertise in a Certain Area
- 2014 Victoria Strait Expedition participant
- Writes papers about Canada’s North and Northern Strategy
- Papers and talks given at conferences
- A lot of travel and contact in the north
Development of the Northern System
- BAPS Iceberg Tracking System
- IDIAS is a system that maps sea ice.
- MCOIN III Recognized Maritime Picture
- Radarsat II Arctic Surveillance
- AIS-Space Arctic Marine Tracking and Surveillance
- Mission of Radarsat Constellation
Business Development Experience
- More than $200 million in Federal Government wins
- Campaign Techniques
- Bid and Proposal Administration
Project Definition Knowledge
- System for Arctic Subsurface Surveillance (ARCSSS)
- Vessel for Maritime Coastal Defense (MCDV)
- Fleet Support Vessel (JSS)
- FELEX / Halifax Class Modernization
- Arctic Ocean Patrol Vessel
- PolarSat Mission
- AIS-Constellation Mission
Major Capital Project Experience
- Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel
- Radarsat II
- Radarsat Constellation Mission
Frequently asked questions
What does NORstrat accomplish exactly?
NORSTRAT’s mission is to assist those with a responsibility or business objective to construct necessary Northern infrastructure, thereby contributing to Canada’s Northern Strategy. We accomplish this by imparting our vast knowledge on the subject and devoting ourselves to the success of our clients.
What type of infrastructure are you discussing?
Focus of NORSTRAT is on significant infrastructure projects and activities financed by the Canadian federal government. Satellites, transportation infrastructure, defense systems, telecommunications, and efforts and investments in social infrastructure, such as housing, are among the examples.
What can NORstrat do for me?
In essence, by guiding the client through the Government’s Northern Strategy and where the opportunities lie, by assisting the client in identifying and gaining access to the key relevant stakeholders, by sharing domain knowledge on the unique issues and opportunities associated with developing infrastructure in Canada’s North, and by providing proven expertise in bidding, winning, and/or managing Northern infrastructure development projects.
However, assistance is defined by the recipient, so NORSTRAT will always offer a personalised support package for each client. We are eager to discuss your needs and how we might fulfil them.
Where do you reside?
NORSTRAT is established in Ottawa to be co-located with the other federal departments and organisations with duties and jurisdictions in the North. We are also in close proximity to the offices of Inuit Tapirit Kanatami (ITK), the Canadian organisation that protects the rights and interests of Inuit.
Additionally, Ottawa has rather frequent plane connections to the north. We service clients throughout Canada, the United States, and Europe from our base in Ottawa.