For people who no longer want to watch television on a standard screen, streaming services have emerged as a viable option. Live TV subscription packages are available from Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, and Sling TV, giving you even more reasons to leave cable. This post will guide you through the basics of how to watch live TV on Hulu if you’re thinking about switching to the Hulu+ Live TV streaming gadget.
What is Hulu Live TV, and how does it work?
Hulu + Live TV is a live TV streaming service offered by Hulu. Over 75 channels are available, as well as live and on-demand television, as well as a range of live sports, news, and events. Disney+ and ESPN+ are also combined into a single subscription. Hulu’s live TV experience includes the option to watch on two screens at the same time as well as the ability to record live TV (with 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage).
What is the minimum system need to watch live TV on Hulu?
Hulu Live is available on a variety of Android and iOS devices, as well as Android TV and Apple TV. Most streaming devices are also supported, including Fire TV, Chromecast, and Roku. Smart TVs from Vizio, Samsung, LG, and other manufacturers will also operate with Hulu Live.
Hulu Live TV is also accessible on modern Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo game consoles, as well as Mac and PC PCs. For a comprehensive list of supported devices, go to Hulu’s help site. Hulu recommends that you have at least a 3Mbps internet connection to stream most of their content for the best experience. 8Mbps is required for live streaming, while 16Mbps is required for 4K video.
How Much Does Hulu Live Expense?
Hulu Live + TV is $54.99 per month, and the ad-free version is $60.99 per month. Live TV is $53.99 per month, Hulu Live + TV is $54.99 per month, and the ad-free version is $60.99 per month. A Live-TV-only package, unlike a Hulu + Live TV plan, does not provide access to the Hulu streaming library.
With Hulu (No Commercials) + Live TV, you can watch without advertisements, but you’ll still see ads for additional live or on-demand programming. With an ad-free membership, you may also download up to 25 titles to five compatible devices for offline watching within 30 days.
Whether or not you get access to premium channels is determined by the type of channel you add. STARZ will cost you an additional $8.99 per month, while Cinemax will cost you $9.99, Showtime will cost you $10.99, and HBO will cost you $14.99 per month.
The Entertainment Add-on gives you access to additional news, entertainment, and lifestyle channels for $7.99 per month. With the Espaol Add-on, you may watch Spanish-language programmes for $4.99 per month. Premium Networks, the Entertainment add-on, and the Espaol add-on, on the other hand, are not available on Live-TV-only plans.
Hulu’s Enhanced Cloud DVR add-on adds 200 hours of DVR cloud storage to your account instead of the normal 50. You may also skip commercials, record as many times as you like, and listen to your recordings whenever you want on compatible devices. You may watch on as many screens as you like from the comfort of your own home with the Unlimited Screens add-on. For mobile viewing, just three screens are accessible.
How to Use Hulu to Watch Live TV
A few simple actions are required to watch live TV on Hulu on supported devices. The steps outlined here will show you how to watch live television on Hulu. There are, however, a few options for watching live TV on Hulu. As a result, we’ll cover all of these approaches in one post.
How to Use the Hulu App to Watch Live TV on Hulu
Using the official Hulu app, you may watch live TV on Hulu by following the instructions below.
- Open the Hulu app on your phone or tablet.
- From the Home screen, choose Live TV. This will be in the upper left side of the screen. It’ll show you the most recent live stream from the channel you were watching.
- During playback, tap the exit full-screen icon or, if using the mobile app, flip your device vertically.
- Select the station you want to watch. Click the three-line icon in the lower-left corner of the player bar when watching on Hulu.com.
- The Live TV channel you choose will then be loaded by Hulu.
If you’ve performed these instructions correctly, you may now watch live TV on Hulu.
How to Watch Hulu Live TV on a Smart TV
If you want to watch live TV on Hulu using your Samsung smart TV, Apple TV, or Roku device, follow the steps below.
- Open the Hulu app on your smart TV.
- Select the Live TV icon at the top of the screen.
- On your Roku remote, press the Up button, then the Right arrow button.
Press the Down key after that. To access the Live TV Guide on Apple TV, slide up during playback.
- The Live TV guide will be loaded by Hulu. On the left-hand side of the screen is a menu for All, Recent, My Channels, Sports, News, Movies, and Kids.
- Then hit the OK button on your remote to select the station you want to watch.
- Hulu will begin broadcasting the Live TV channel you selected.
If you’ve followed these instructions, you can now watch Hulu Live TV on your smart TV.
How can I create a Hulu account?
You must have a Hulu account in order to view Live TV on the service. Follow the steps below to create a Hulu account if you don’t already have one.
- To acquire a Live-TV-only subscription, go to hulu.com/live-tv and signup.hulu.com/go/live-only in your browser.
- Click the Start Your Free Trial button to begin your free trial. If you’re using the Live TV only sign-up link, click the Select option for the Live TV only package. A 30-day free trial of Hulu + Live TV is available.
- Fill in the essential information on the Create Your Account page.
- Press the Enter key to continue.
- Fill up the spaces with the details of your payment.
- Last but not least, click the Submit button.
If you already have a Hulu subscription, follow these instructions to add Hulu + Live TV or Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV to your account:
- To get started, go to hulu.com/welcome.
- After that, go ahead and click Log In. This may be located in the top-right corner of the window.
- Fill up your login credentials. To log in, you may use your Facebook credentials or your Hulu username and password.
- Hover your mouse over Settings to see the options. This is the circular button with your initials in the top-right corner of the window.
- Go to Account to get started.
- On the Your Subscription screen, scroll down to the Manage Plan section. It will show you both your current plan and other possibilities.
- Select the Hulu + Live TV package you’d want to use.
- Click Review Changes to confirm.
Now that you have a Hulu account, you may watch live TV on Hulu by following the procedures outlined above.
How to set up your home network so you can watch Hulu live TV
If you’re using Hulu Live TV, you’ll need to first configure your home network, since this will determine which local and regional channels you may watch. To set up a home network, you’ll need a domestic, non-mobile internet connection.
To set up your home network, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Hulu account online or via a compatible device.
- In the Privacy and Settings area, go to Set or Change Home.
This post has walked you through the process of setting up and watching live TV on Hulu. If you want to learn how to activate Hulu on a Samsung Smart TV, read this post.