Professionals and non-professionals alike are looking forward to using the most convenient and trustworthy image editing tools available, particularly one that can be used on their mobile devices. The useful apps can always fine-tune their photographs to make them picture-perfect!
Professionals seek out software that is more advanced in terms of design and image improvement, such as Picmonkey and its equivalents. On that topic, this post will introduce you to the top 11 PicMonkey alternatives, which you may choose from depending on your demands and budget.
What is PicMonkey?
PicMonkey is an image-editing and design service programme that functions as a branding tool, as well as a marketing tool for social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube, thanks to its plethora of visuals, font styles, and themes. A seven-day free trial is also available for the software.
Following that, you must purchase one of the three plans: Basic ($7.99/month), Pro ($12.99/month), or Team ($33.99/month). With that in mind, you might explore for PicMonkey alternatives that are reasonably free or even better. Let’s have a look.
Here Are the 11 Best PicMonkey Alternatives in 2021:
1. Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is a cloud-based PicMonkey alternative that allows you to edit and create high-quality photographs while on the go. It also makes it simple to organise, store, and share them across other platforms. Depending on your needs, it provides cloud storage of 20GB, 1TB, and more.
Features of Adobe Lightroom
- It offers ease of photo editing with its brilliant set of tools and AI-based Adobe Sensei technology.
- Adobe Lightroom also provides Photo Storage and Management.
- Another essential element is the Lightroom presets, wherein you can learn and find inspiration from your fellow peers in the community.
- It has robust color controls with the Color Grading tools.
- Adobe Lightroom enables iPad integration, and thereby to-and-fro sharing is not much of a task.
- You can also enjoy its 7-day free trial before you decide on purchasing the plan.
- It offers in-app tutorials.
- It supports plugins too.
Adobe Lightroom Pricing
The standard Lightroom account costs $9.99 per month and includes 1TB of cloud storage, access to social media tools, and free access to and from your portfolio website.
2. Luminar 4
If you’re looking for a game-changing programme that can help you edit photos wonderfully, Luminar 4 is the way to go. This PicMonkey replacement, one of the most intelligent picture editors in the business, is nothing short of a breakthrough thanks to its clever use of AI. It’s noted for its clever retouching and creative modification of non-destructive RAW and JPEG files.
Features of Luminar 4
- It offers a plugin for Mac and Windows PC.
- Supports RAW images to help you create masterpieces in Landscape, Portrait, Travel, and several other photography genres.
- The interface welcomes any user- from a learned expert to a novice. Just launch the app and begin working.
- No subscription is required.
- Luminar 4 offers 24×7 support and free maintenance updates.
- The most exciting attribute is its AI Sky Replacement tool, enabling you to change a picture’s mood in seconds.
- Other interesting features are its AI Skin Enhancer and Portrait Enhancer.
- It offers seven days free trial period.
Luminar 4 Pricing
Go for the Luminar 4 license for a single computer that works as a standalone and plugin, all at $67 only.
Pixlr is a decent PicMonkey alternative if you’re looking for something free. Many borders, overlays, effects, and filters are available in this image-editing programme to make your adjustments go faster and easier.
Features of Pixlr
- It offers all standard, AI-based image editing tools.
- Pixlr is web-based.
- It also offers faster editing time, easier content creation, and easy background edits using state of the art AI tools.
- You can access more than a million stock content and enjoy unlimited downloads of its design content with its Creative subscription plan ($14.99/month).
- Enjoy your 30 days free trial.
If you are looking for upgrading your free Pixlr X or E version, buy the Premium plan at $4.90 monthly and enjoy the ad-free experience.
Paint.NET is an excellent alternative to PicMonkey that is both free and designed solely for Windows. It is a raster graphics editor tool for Microsoft Windows developed by the NET Framework to initially replace MS Paint.
Features of Paint.NET
- It works on Windows 7 and later models.
- Paint.NET has a simple and intuitive UI.
- Some of the popular features are blending modes, filters, unlimited undo, layers, etc.
- Paint.NET offers quite many tutorials and plugins.
- Also, it lets you add texts along with graphics to your photos.
It is entirely free. Just launch the app and get started.
GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Tool and is a free, open-source image-editing programme. This PicMonkey replacement is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, and a variety of other operating systems.
Features of GIMP
- It is suitable for varied users such as illustrators, professional photographers, graphic designers, or scientists.
- GIMP offers sophisticated tools and flexibility to turn your work into art with its High-Quality Photo Manipulation retouching facility.
- It supports multi-language programming, viz. C, C++, Python, etc.
- Best used in workflows, integrated with other free software such as Inkscape, Scribus, etc.
It is entirely free.
Fotor is a great PicMonkey alternative if you want to share on Instagram or other social media platforms. With its sophisticated and dynamic UI, it allows for a wide range of image retouching, scaling, and filtering.
Features of Fotor
- It offers you to organize and create slots for your pictures into social media, web templates, and collages.
- Fotor offers Beauty Maker, Banner Maker, Collage, Portrait Beauty, and designing.
- You can be creative when it comes to Facebook cover pages, posters, photo cards, and YouTube banners & ads with Fotor and its preset templates.
- Fotor offers design tools, fonts, shapes, and stickers.
- There are hundreds of tutorials and articles to guide you.
- It is available on Google Play and App Store and works on Mac, PC, and as a mobile app.
Buy the Fotor Pro at $$8.99/month or $39.99/year and enjoy the best of advanced editing features without ads.
Looking for a free alternative to PicMonkey with a more appealing user interface?
Ribbet is a game that you will like. Ribbet allows you to modify images on your laptop or mobile device with over a thousand effects.
Features of Ribbet
- The Shape Collage Maker helps you arrange several pictures into an artwork.
- The Grid Collage Maker can merge hundreds of collage layouts, which is customizable.
- Ribbet offers you a plethora of Fancy card templates along with a stock of fonts, layers, and graphics.
- You can find it on both Google Play and App Store.
- You can also avail of the free trial for 14 days.
You can upgrade Ribbet to the premium version at $3.33/month and enjoy the vast pro features.
If you want the best of both worlds, FotoJet is a free PicMonkey competitor that offers both basic and expert editing features. It’s compatible with both Mac and Windows.
Features of FotoJet
- It is easy-to-use and requires no registration.
- FotoJet offers powerful editing tools for designing, editing, and collaging.
- It has several resources, a rich templates range, and DIY graphic design tools to provide.
- FotoJet also has a premium plan.
- You can enjoy a free trial of 7 days before subscribing to FotoJet Plus.
Upgrade to the Plus version at $6.99/month or $39.99/year and enjoy 500MB of storage along with advanced editing tools.
Colorcinch is a free PicMonkey competitor that includes photo editing tools as well as a library of presets, graphics, and other features.
Features of Colorcinch
- Along with being an image-editor, Colorcinch is also a cartoonist and photo art creator.
- You can export images at high resolution up to 400 DPI giving your printouts a professional outlook.
- No registration is required.
- There is no steep learning curve and is not at all time-consuming.
- Just save, share, and also let it organize for you.
- Colorcinch offers 50000 vector graphics and icons.
- You can also upgrade to the Colorcinch Plus plan.
Upgrade to Colorcinch Plus at $5.99/month or $47.88/year and enjoy the plus features with unlimited projects.
If you’re a non-professional with no prior Photoshop experience, LightZone shines out as a viable PicMonkey substitute. It’s a free open-source darkroom software application with all the capabilities you’ll need.
Features of LightZone
- It works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- LightZone offers tools for red-eye correction, noise reduction, white balance, and color balance.
- It also enables undo-edits and background change, format change, and image metadata to change with the help of AI.
- No registration is required.
- LightZone supports RAW images and allows exporting them across various platforms.
The license is freely available.
Try DesignCap today if you’re seeking for a web-based design tool that’s similar to PicMonkey and Canva but at a lower cost. You can also use DesignCap for free, albeit there are certain restrictions. It runs well on any modern browser that you have installed on your laptop or desktop computer.
Features of DesignCap
- Thousands of customizable templates to create mesmerizing designs
- Library of free stock photos & illustrations
- Add images, text, map, background instantly
- Easy to create projects (presentations, posters, flyers, logos, resumes, reports, etc) without a steep learning curve
You can use the FREE plan indefinitely. You can upgrade to a DesignCap + account if you want more features. The Basic Plan ($ 4.99/month, $59.88/year) and the Plus Plan ($ 5.99/month, $ 71.88/year) are both available. You can select the most appropriate plan for your needs.
If you’re seeking for a PicMonkey substitute, look no further. Consider your budget and requirements. What platform would you like to utilise your photo editing software on? Do you require more cloud storage? Do you want a long-term or a short-term subscription? After you’ve answered all of these questions, all you have to do now is pick one of the 11 top PicMonkey alternatives from the list above.