Technicians at the I.T. Help Desk are essential to the operation of any business. They provide end-user assistance for businesses and ensure that the corporate technology businesses depend on is up to date and functions consistently and effectively. Most medium and large-sized businesses have internal I.T. help desk support teams to solve internal hardware and software difficulties their employees encounter daily. Additionally, businesses focusing on their goods have specialized Technical Support and Help Desk staff to assist consumers with after-sale issues and services.
What are Help Desk Certification Courses?
Help desk certification courses give students the knowledge and abilities they need to succeed in the customer service and technical support industries. These classes often cover various topics, such as effectively communicating with clients, diagnosing hardware and software problems, and using help desk tools and applications. By verifying one’s expertise and proficiency in offering timely and practical assistance to end users, obtaining a help desk certification can improve a professional’s job chances in I.T. and customer service. CompTIA A+, ITIL, and HDI Desktop Support Technician are among the most popular qualifications in this industry.
Do you require certification in I.T. support?
Even though it’s not always required, possessing an I.T. support certification can significantly improve your job prospects in the help desk and I.T. support sectors. Potential employers can see your competence and dedication through certifications like CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified I.T. Professional (MCITP), or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). Additionally, they can assist you in developing real-world expertise and abilities crucial for successfully identifying and addressing I.T. problems. If you’re new to the profession or hoping to grow, becoming certified can help you stand out from the competition and enhance your earning potential. When considering whether to pursue I.T. support certification, it’s critical to consider your career ambitions and the local employment market because certain employers may value experience and skills above credentials.
Who should enroll in certification training for the I.T. Support & Help Desk?
- I.T. professionals who want to develop their skills in the help desk and I.T. support professions.
- I.T. students who want to learn more about and develop their abilities in support and help desk professions.
- Professionals wishing to move into I.T. support and help desk roles from other fields.
- Managers and business owners interested in learning more about the functions of the help desk and I.T. support.
What is the duty of a help desk technician?
An information technology (I.T.) specialist at a help desk helps clients use technology correctly. This may consist of:
- Answering customer service questions
- Helping clients remotely or in-person troubleshoot technical issues
- Providing users with technical support for product configuration, setup, and maintenance
- Sending unanswered questions to the proper teams
- Preserving records of issues and procedures
- Educating end users about security procedures
Help desk professionals in the U.S. have a bachelor’s degree in 48% of cases and an associate’s degree in 35%. A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science illustrates a degree that an aspirant help desk technician would find helpful to pursue.
I.T. support and help desk certification prerequisites Certifications:
- High school graduation or its equivalent
- Computer hardware and software expertise
- Understanding of operating systems and networking
- Knowledge of the tenets of customer service
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Practical interpersonal and communication abilities
- Capacity to function both individually and in a group
Free tutorials and training for the I.T. help desk on LinkedIn Learning:
Learn how to respond to help desk inquiries and manage an I.T. help desk. This I.T. help desk course will assist you in providing I.T. support and quickly resolving issues. There are specific courses there, such as:
- P.C. Basics, Hardware, Operating Systems, and Applications: Help Desk Handbook By Scott Jernigan, a preview (2h 18m)
- I.T. Service Desk: Fancy Mills’s Management Fundamentals Preview Course (2 hours, 38 minutes)
- Sean Colins’ macOS Sierra for I.T. Administrators Preview Course (3 hours, 18 minutes)
- CompTIA A+ (220-901) Exam Prep: Mike Meyers’ 5 Networking Preview Course (5 hours, 9 minutes)
- Martin Guidry’s Windows 10: Administration Preview Course (1 hour, 58 minutes).
- Julio Appling’s G Suite Administration Preview Course (1 hour 44 minutes)
Why Koenig Solutions Should Be Your First Choice for I.T. Support & Help Desk Certification Training:
The following are the advantages of training for I.T. support and help desk certifications with Koenig Solutions:
- Qualified teachers: To ensure high-quality training, Koenig Solutions offers qualified teachers.
- Advance Your Career: Koenig Solutions provides training courses to assist people in advancing their careers.
- Customized Training Programmes: Koenig Solutions provides training courses that are made specifically for each client.
- Destination Training: Koenig Solutions offers this type of training to assist people to learn in a relaxed setting.
- Reasonable Costs: Koenig Solutions charges reasonable costs for its training courses.
- Best Training Centre: Koenig Solutions is one of the best training centers in the world.
- Flexible Dates: For its training programs, Koenig Solutions offers flexible dates.
- Instructor-Led Online Training: Koenig Solutions offers this training so people may learn while relaxing in their homes.
- Wide Selection of Courses: Koenig Solutions provides courses to suit every student’s demands.
- Accredited Training: To guarantee high-quality training, Koenig Solutions offers accredited training.
I.T. Help Desk Professional:
To help I.T. professionals advance their careers by learning fundamental skills, Udemy offers an I.T. Help Desk Professional certification course. Udemy created this course to assist I.T. professionals pursuing their certification or working in entry-level positions. One of the most entry-level qualifications a student can earn is the I.T. Help Desk Professional certification. Students who earn this certification learn how to modify Windows software and the fundamentals of networking, necessary commands, and hardware diagnostics. With a two-hour completion time, it is also one of the quickest I.T. certifications on the list.
Taking I.T. Support & Help Desk Certifications Certification Courses Has These Benefits:
• More work opportunities: The U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics projects that from 2018 to 2028, employment of I.T. support and help desk technicians will increase by 11%.
• Higher wages: In May 2019, the yearly salary for I.T. support and help desk technicians was $53,470.
• Better problem-solving abilities: I.T. support and help desk certifications assist people in improving their critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Greater knowledge: Certifications in I.T. support and help desk give them the know-how and abilities they need to troubleshoot and fix technical problems.
• Better customer service abilities: I.T. support and help desk certifications aid in the development of customer service abilities like patience, empathy, and communication.
• Increased self-assurance: I.T. support and help desk certifications assist people in boosting their self-confidence and self-esteem.
In conclusion, help desk certification programs offer a helpful route for people who want to excel in the technical support and customer service industries. These credentials confirm knowledge, broaden professional options, and give professionals the tools to help end users effectively. Although they aren’t usually required, they can help people stand out in a crowded employment market and show their commitment to providing high-quality I.T. support. Help desk certification courses provide a simple and advantageous approach to developing competence and credibility in this crucial area of I.T., regardless of whether you are just beginning your profession or hoping to advance.